Different Standard

This past weekend, I worked a camping trip for a fraternity. We took them down to the Red River George and had them do a search and rescue activity.

My group really struggled with the activity, and at one point, one of the students had the audacity to say, "I have no respect for you." I was in shock, but should I have been...

It's easy to fall into the worldly mentality that man is innately good, but the Bible says that "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9). Romans 3:10-11 says it as well: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God."

Though Thankfully God brought redemption:"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:23-24)

This student obviously didn't have Christ in his life, so how could I expect anything better? Without Christ, there is no reason to bridle the tongue. Without Christ, he'd have no reason to love me. Without Christ, even I could have done the same to another.

It posed a really good lesson in the difference Christ makes in our lives. We don't live for our benefit... always doing what we want and ignoring the consequences, saying the first thing that comes to our mind, living for our own enjoyment; We live to glorify God. Thankfully, "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks

Me llamo go to the bathroom