O Holy Night

In a lowly manger lay
A child small and helpless
Surrounded by the stink of barn
And old and dampened hay.

Wrapped in clothes to keep him warm
The infant rarely stirred
The silent night on David's town
Enveloped Bethlehem.

Yet one cannot imagine 
The energy that night
The static in the air; the stink of demon's fright 
The Deliverer has come!

If you've seen Jesus, you've seen the Father
And even as he lay
A newborn helpless in the dark
The Light had come that day

To be rejected and despised 
Smitten and rejected
Pierced and beaten near to death
And still they'd call Him Lord

Did He hold back the angels then,
As the baby cried?
Keeping them from rushing in
An army to defend Him

God transcends the thoughts of man;
Surpasses understanding
And as the baby cried that night
Did He know I would find Him?


And Jesus cried out and said, “Whoever believes in me, believes not in me but in him who sent me. And whoever sees me sees him who sent me.
(John 12:44-45 ESV)



Comments

  1. Beautiful...puts everything into perspective. We have seen God! love, Tara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks

Me llamo go to the bathroom