Happenings

          Things have been going well on Chestnut St. I had a my weekend class trip last weekend, and my last class trip is this weekend. Last Sunday we actually got to go climbing outdoors--a nice surprise for the February trips. No such luck this weekend though. Patrick is taking a step or two here and there, but still lacks the confidence to stand alone for any period of time, even though he is capable. Maggie and I, on the other hand, sometimes forget that we aren't capable of standing on our own. There seems to be a constant temptation to start worrying about the future and take matters into our own hands. And a frightening forgetfulness to commit those things to prayer. God is gracious. Pray for us in this.


            I think I've really come to appreciate Oxford. When we moved here I dreaded being in the flat country and farm lands. I had concluded that I was either a city person or a backwoods person. Something in between was hard to grasp. The Spirit is generous to let me be content here.


              Our trip to Michigan was a lot of fun (other than getting rear-ended on the way back--nobody was hurt). Getting to see Tim and Joe is always a treat. Then I got to connect with my good friend from high school, Greg. It had been a couple years, and it was good to catch up with him. We've built a lot of memories together, mostly on mountains, or somewhere roped up and off the ground. Those kinds of bonds aren't easily severed.
Hanging out with Greg
Old Climbing Days
Thank you, Progressive, for picking up the tab.


And this was back in December! (Sorry it's sideways)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks

Me llamo go to the bathroom