An end to a season (literally)

Jonathan belaying a climber on our outdoor trip
For the past 4 semesters, Jonathan and I have managed Miami University's Youth Climbing Team (YCT). This is basically an after-school program where climbers, ranging from kindergarten to seniors in high school, come once a week to rock climb and learn new techniques. We've worked with over 50 different climbers over the past 2 years and have been impressed with their climbing ability... many of the climbers are better than the university students we also taught!

Today was my last day of coaching, and I must say that I am quite sad to be finished. It's one of those bitter sweet things. I'm sad to stop something I enjoyed so much, but I'm glad for it to be over because it means we're one step closer to going to Costa Rica (or really having more time to work to get there).

It wasn't until I had this job at the university that I realized how much I love teaching. I love the moment when students are able to reach a hold that they didn't think possible because we worked through the problem together. I love watching a kid get to the top of the wall, having so much fun that he forgets that he's afraid of heights. I love helping these climbers fall in love with my favorite sport.

As much as I love teaching rock climbing, I'm more excited about this approaching transition of being able to teach God's Word to students. It will have an eternal impact! Good bye Youth Climbing Team, I'll miss you dearly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks

Me llamo go to the bathroom