When The Days Grow Cold

Recently I've had very short nights of sleep. There's some inner drive that keeps me up at night working on getting to Costa Rica. When Patrick falls asleep I am able to work with much less distraction, and I guess I just go on auto pilot. All of a sudden 8:30 becomes 11:00! I think to myself, just a minute more. Next thing I know, 11:45. Oh yeah, and I have to get up at 4:30 to open at Starbucks.

I'm really grateful that The Lord gives this to me. It's a much better option than being stuck in a rut and not wanting to do anything. But I have to be careful to schedule in times or days of rest. Otherwise, I get burnt out surprisingly fast. If I go a week or two without time of rest and refocus, I crash. It reminds me of my utter reliance on Christ. I can't do anything, even take a breathe, without him sustaining every moment of it. And at the same time, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I hope I never lose sight of this. I fear that if I ever do the burns would be severe.


"But if truth be told I have my doubts, but I'll stake my soul on nothing else but if life were only certainty then by my own hand I would be free--like if I had the strength to carry on I would never fall into His arms."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Giving Thanks

Me llamo go to the bathroom

Pura Vida - We have arrived!